What is Kinesio® Taping?
Use of Kinesio® Taping creates a totally new approach to treating nerves, muscles, tendons, ligaments and organs, and is based on the body's own natural healing process.
Kinesio® Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is also used for Preventive Maintenance, Edema, and Pain Management.
The Kinesio® Taping Method is applied over muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused tired muscles, and to support muscles in movement on a 24hr/day basis. It is non-restrictive type of taping which allows for full range of motion.
Learn more about Kinesio® Taping at: http://www.kinesiotaping.com/
7 Benefits of Kinesio® Taping
- Pain Relief – reduced pressure on pain receptors under the skin can provide relief of either acute or chronic pain.
- Reduced Swelling and Inflammation – reduced pressure on the lymphatic drainage channels allows better removal of fluids and other materials that collect in an injured area. This applies not only to sports injuries, but also to other inflammatory conditions, including lymphodema (severe swelling of the extremities.)
- Prevents and/or Relieves Spasms and Cramping – dependent on the direction and tension of the tape it can either facilitate (to excite an underused muscle) or inhibit (to relax and overused muscle) the muscle.
- Speedier Recovery of Overused Muscles – fatigued, overused muscles contain byproducts of exercise (such as lactic acid) that contribute to pain and stiffness and limit the ability to continue exercising. When kinesiology tape is used over these areas, enhanced removal of these byproducts allows for more rapid recovery. This could translate into improved performance in an endurance event or more complete recovery between repetitive, high intensity events.
- Provides Support without Restricting Range of Motion – the unique elastic properties of kinesiology tape allow it to provide support to an injured muscle or joint without restricting range of motion.
- Allows Athletes to Remain Active while Injured – this is one of the most important benefits of kinesiology tape for competitive athletes.
- Enhances Strength and Muscle Tone in Weak or Poorly-Toned Muscles – certain neurological or muscular disorders can make muscles so weak that it is almost impossible to do the exercises that are critical to improve daily functioning. Kinesiology tape not only provides support to these muscles, but it can also improve muscle activation, allowing therapeutic exercises to be carried out more effectively. One of the major uses in this category is with infants and young children with hypotonia, poor muscle tone that limits their ability to learn to sit up, crawl, etc.