Massage Therapy will be at RAK! Schedule now because limited slots are available and they will book FAST!
Much like chiropractic care, massage seeks to offer healing through a hands-on, drug-free technique, providing a long-term benefit of lasting relief. When combined, the two can be especially helpful.
While chiropractors and massage therapists use their hands to treat patients, there is a difference between them. At RAK Chiropractic we recommend massage therapy for certain patients and for certain conditions. Massage therapy is a very important form of healing, because of its therapeutic benefits.
Your health and well-being will be maximized when these therapeutic benefits from massage are combined with the corrective care from the chiropractic adjustment.
- Quicker Recovery – Patients who receive both therapies will often experience a faster and more complete recovery as a result of the less isolated treatment. The spine, soft tissue, and all supporting structures rely on each other to function properly, and often, all suffer as a result of injury. Using both chiropractic care and massage allows them all to be addressed and treated appropriately.
- Easier Adjustments – Massage allows for relaxation of muscle tension. When the body is more relaxed, chiropractic adjustments may be performed more easily and successfully.
- Increased Range of Motion – Much like spinal adjustments, massages are able to improve the flexibility and mobility of impacted areas such as muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissue.
- Improved Circulation – Massage techniques are often found to enhance blood flow through congested areas and relieve lactic acid, while chiropractic also helps by relieving pressure on nerves due to subluxations.
Types of Massages offered at RAK Chiropractic:
- Condition specific – this can be a shorter, to the point massage that is directed towards a specific condition, injury or area of the body.
- Therapeutic massage – this includes myofascial release, deep tissue, trigger point, and sports massage. This form can be thought of as a more aggressive massage, but very healing.
- Swedish and relaxation massage – this type of massage is very relaxing as it can involve a medium to deep pressure but can be lighter as needed.
- Prenatal massage – uses a specific technique and tools to help make positioning comfortable during the massage.
- Reiki – is a technique used for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- Aromatherapy – is the use of natural oils to enhance psychological and physical well-being.
Ultimately, if you have any concerns that require professional attention, you should always consult with your primary healthcare provider chiropractor, either Dr. Ryley or Dr. Katie at RAK Chiropractic.