"This is my second pregnancy and I can't believe the difference just by getting adjusted regularly. I feel great with zero aches or pains! "
~ Lisa J
Chiropractors work with the body's ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital for the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth.
Along with physiological components there are structural components. Pregnancy is a period of rapid development, hormonal changes, the laxity of connective ligaments, and shifting of weight-bearing structures. These changes may cause many pregnant women to experience low back pain.
Not only can chiropractors help pregnant mothers, but can also reduce restrictions and interferences to increase the chances in women that are trying to become pregnant.
Contact us to learn more or to set up an appointment.
Chiropractic Care in the Mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus thus reducing torsion (intrauterine constraint) to the woman’s uterus.
- Allows for a safer easier birth for the mother decreasing the potential for intervention.
Chiropractic Care in the infant:
- Allows the baby the room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in difficult labor and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.